AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if this receiver has the capabilities to listen to an audio track from one HDMI source while a different HDMI is being used for video.

For example... If I am watching TV from HDMI input 1, can I listen to a CD from HDMI input 2 overriding the audio track from HDMI 1?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
No, it can't do that. It might however, be able to do that with a digital audio connection to an audio only input. If I am right, that's a simple solution

My 2700 could do that as I recall, but my 3900 cannot do that as they removed that feature.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/17043010

No, it can't do that. It might however, be able to do that with a digital audio connection to an audio only input. If I am right, that's a simple solution

My 2700 could do that as I recall, but my 3900 cannot do that as they removed that feature.

Them bastards. HAHAHA, makes sense that I could never figure it out. I will just run an optical cable and see if that works.

I appreciate the quick response.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Just to clarify, my 2700 could play audio only sources while an HDMI source was selected, but I doubt the audio only source could be hooked up with HDMI.

On the 3900, the only kind of similar thing is the ability to play video when multi-channel audio is selected - this is needed for SACD players and such to see the menus so they supported it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts