• I see strobbing only sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering.

I made some test files. Open media player classic and drag and drop a file into it to play the file.

The first play through the frame rate is slow, just wait till the first time it finishes then press play again and the video will be fast.

link to videos and media player classic

What you should see when the videos move fast is the top and bottom moving at the same time, and they should be the same shape.

What you will see is the 95904 fps video looks right but the 47952 fps video looks distorted.

The top and bottom of the 95904 fps video is 47.952 fps, and the top and bottom of the 47952 fps video is 23.976 fps.

So 3D when the source is 23.976 fps looks flickery, to me anyway if this test is any indication.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by William
A more correct term would be flicker.
Yes indeed. And that also depends whether you are watching it

at 60 or 120Hz.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I updated the first post with a test video, 2d and avi. I tested it on my 60Hz lcd monitor.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8:13 /forum/post/20793898

I updated the first post with a test video, 2d and avi. I tested it on my 60Hz lcd monitor.

I didn't open the file, but it sounds like telecine judder. What are you using to do the pulldown?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The video is progressive so I didn't use any pulldown settings.

Anyway I made two new videos and this time they are in 3D side by side format, 720p resolution, left side first.

link

There is two videos, one is 23.976 fps per eye and the other is 47.952 fps per eye.

As before the goal is to see them move in the same line as the line moves from the left to the right.

I read some replies saying they had 240Hz or 120Hz TV's and this fixes any flickering, well I made a video that uses blu ray 3D speed and now you can see if your fast tv stops flickering.

Please try the test videos and reply with how you did as I find that interesting enough I did this work.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I usally only see it during bright scences. If you play Black Ops, when loading the Summit map the whole screen flickers. The white color will flicker slightly getting dimmer then brighter. If I turn the set to bright mode it fixes the flicker issue but then the calibration goes out the door. I just try to not pay attention to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts