AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I am missing something obvious, but what is the corresponding output for the inputs on the front of the reciever? (S-vid and RCA audio/video) I will need to use these for a camcorder and am unclear as to where these output thru. Thanks, I'm sure this is somewhat inane.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got a D912, and haven't ever thought of that. I think with the assignability of the digital audio ports on the unit, you should be able to do that same with the optical in on the front. Further, I would think that the monitor out would be a likely candiate for the passthrough of the signal using the front ins.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not quit sure I understand your question but I'll give you this answer and see if that's what you are needing.

The inputs on the front panel output the same as the back panel. So in the event you hook up your camcorder to them or a gamecube like I did, you watch and listen to those signals. You just have to switch to that input. They put front inputs to make it easier to hook up temporary devices like camcorder, portables, games, etc.

Hope that answers your question. If not give more details as to what you want to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The inputs on the front panel output the same as the back panel. So in the event you hook up your camcorder to them or a gamecube like I did, you watch and listen to those signals. You just have to switch to that input. They put front inputs to make it easier to hook up temporary devices like camcorder, portables, games, etc.

I think Pres-Sean may have answered the question, but my original question is once those inputs on the front are connected as you described above which corresponding output on the back will they play the video thru? (ie dvd, tv/sat, etc) Thanks, I know this shouldn't be this confusing but for the life of me I cannot find this info in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes basically I think he did too. The fronts are just another set of video inputs like the the DVD/LD, TV/Sat, VCR/DVR in the back. What ever you have your monitor hooked up to now will show that signal being sent to it. They output through the yellow monitor and video outs on the back. Or the S-video output jacks. If you hooked it up and can't seem to view your camcorder then press the Input/Sel button on the remote until it comes up. The front input is designed to do exactly what you are wanting.

Back
Front Panel
Remote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.