·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was thinking. Do you use the standard program/interface that comes with the auditron to make your playlists or do you use a third party software to do it???

Thanks

R~

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use third party software to make playlists.

I think the only reason to use the Voyetra Music software would be for its ability to generate TOC files for the Audiotron. I ended up using a freeware command line utility for that instead.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi...

Thanks for the input... One more question... what is TOC????

Thanks

R~

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
TOC = Table Of Contents. There are programs (including Voyetra's AudioStation) that will pre-generate an index of your music library. The AudioTron will see this file when it scans the share drive, and will read it instead of scanning the directories. Result - a *lot* faster startup...

Now, as for AudioStation... There are lots of packages that do the same things, and probably a million opinions as to which ones do which things the best. But there is one or two reasons to use AudioStation. First is TOC generation (and yes, there are other programs to do this). Second, more importantly, is the WAV tagging feature. I currently rip most of my music as WAV files, and AudioStation is the easiest way to get the WAV's tagged for AudioTron to see. Again, there are some shareware programs out there to do this.

By the way, I seem to recall that a full version of AudioStation used to come with the AudioTron. Is that not true any more? (meaning it's not a demo version)

Jeff

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is WAV tagging? Is this the same as attaching id3 tags to .wav files? I use a Mac, and I have lots of CDs ripped to a hard drive as wav files (for better cross-platform compatibility compared to .aiff files), and they are all cataloged in iTunes with id3 tags. I am thinking about getting a Mediatron, and was hoping that it would be able to see both my mp3s and wavs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
What is WAV tagging? Is this the same as attaching id3 tags to .wav files?
Yes......

Quote:
By the way, I seem to recall that a full version of AudioStation used to come with the AudioTron. Is that not true any more? (meaning it's not a demo version)
Yes you do......... I am trying to figure it out now....

And jautor thanks for the info,, Mucho appreciated....

Thanks

R~

·
Registered
155 Posts
For anyone who is interested, I found a way to "tag" my .wav music files for the Audiotron without actually using .wav tagging (I've heard some music programs have trouble with tagged .wav files).

When I rip my wav files, I encode all of the tag info into the filename - e.g. "White Stripes - White Blood Cells - 01 - Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground - 2002 - Rock.wav". I wrote a Visual Basic script that scans through my Music directory and builds a Audiotron TOC by parsing the tag info out of the filename. E.g. the TOC entry for the song above would be:

SONG

FILE=White Stripes - White Blood Cells - 01 - Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground - 2002 - Rock.wav

DIR =Music\\WAV Format\\White Stripes\\White Blood Cells\\

TCON=Rock

TLEN=184

TRCK=01

TALB=White Blood Cells

TPE1=White Stripes

TIT2=Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground

END

So I have my entire music collection ripped to .wav for quality, with no proprietary wav tagging, and the Audiotron can still identify all of the songs by their tags.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... I have the audiostaion up and running, but I hava a few questions.

1st, how do you create a TOC with it???? I have gone through the manual all 24 pages of it and it mentions nothing about a TOC? Unless I missed it.

2nd, am I correct when assuming it just creates playlists to use with the auditron, if so how do I get the play list into the audiotron???

Sorry if they seem like elementary questions....

Thanks

R~

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right I am asking on both.... But since the turtle forum has been dead for quite sometime, I thought I would give them both a shot...

R~

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Seth just posted on the TB forum. I think most people use the mail list now.
I know I just read that too..... Looks like I might join the mailing list......

Thanks again

R~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.