Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob,

I know that you have the Sony HD100 and are testing it for the reception problems. Would it be possible to also test it for lip synch issues? Many have reported that the HD100 is handling lip synch very poorly. My unit will lose synch after about 5-10 minutes and will get progressively worse until I change the channel. It usually begins with a pause/stutter in the video and then the audio is out of synch. Watching the NCAA games this weekend it would get to the point where the sound was at least 2 seconds behind. I have previously used the Panasonic HDS20 and the Dish 6000 w/OTA and never had these problems which leads me to believe it is a problem with the Sony STB. Thanks for all your help.

Gary

[This message has been edited by GScott (edited 03-20-2001).]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ditto to Gary on the HD100. Looked like I was watching a Japeneese movie last night on CBS. Change channel and go back and it was fine. Gary, do you find the Sony better then the HDS20? Picture quality, guide, ota, etc...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Boom Boom:
Ditto to Gary on the HD100. Looked like I was watching a Japeneese movie last night on CBS. Change channel and go back and it was fine. Gary, do you find the Sony better then the HDS20? Picture quality, guide, ota, etc...
Picture quality was the same but the guide on the HDS20 made it unuseable. If the HDS20 had a guide similar to the Hughes or SOny units I would have kept it.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.