AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a set of the "Director" series Coaster seats & the backs were really sloppy. What I mean by this is when I tried to put them together I grabbed the backs & when I did the backs came out of their brackets....ok, I thought no big deal but when I slid the backs on the brackets & just barely moved them a bit the backs came out again & again....leaving me to think either they are broken or they are not manufacturered very well. If they were broken then I am wondering why 2 of the 3 seats did this(I didn't try the third seat). Also, I have not seen any negative comments about these or any of the other "larger & newer" Coaster seats. I know the issues about the "Showtime" series problems, but was unaware of ANY problems with these or the "Studio" series

So, Owners....do you have any problems or has anyone seen this problem with the Coaster seats...

By the way, this was the first time being able to see the "Director" series seats. They seem to not be as popular as the "Studio" series.

Here is a pic for reference:

http://www.htauthority.com/incoming/7560.jpg

thanks in advance...

Joe

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have to push the seat back fairly hard down on the "arms" that stick out of the bottom of the seat to set them. Also, make sure that you have the proper seat matched to the proper back - on my sets of 4, one of the backs is different, and will only fit its bottom. And finally, make sure everything is lined-up properly. The arms have to be angled out slightly when setting the back over the arms. You should hear it "click" into place when it locks.

Mine fit tight as a glove, save for the one seat that was damaged in shipping - the bottom frame was bent (I thought just the leather was damaged), so it doesn't interlock properly with the other seats, and the back has a slight "side-to-side" movement that the others don't (but it still "locks" the back in place like all the others).

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mine fit tightly in place. To remove the backs I have to pull on the back a bit and wiggle it off. But once I put my chairs in place and slid the backs on, I've never moved them and have never had any problems.

Unless you're going to be moving them around, I wouldn't worry about it.

Herm

·
Registered
116 Posts
Something I haven't seen anyone mention is that, at least on the Studio series, is that the backs of the chairs slide down and actually click into place. I did not discover this until I put the 2nd back on mine and one side clicked and I could not pull it up any longer. I undid one of the staples and looked in with a flashlight and saw the mechanism and figured out how to unlatch it to remove the back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've only set up one of my director chairs so far (waiting to finish theater for the rest) but it seems very solid... Assuming you put the back on right. The first time I put it on it fell off as soon as I reclined. once I corrected the issue, it's as solid as can be.

--nw

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Mine were set up for me so I don't really know how they did it, but the backs are very secure.

Stew

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My Director's Series are very secure as well. They weren't at first, but when I firmly pushed the back into place they became rock solid. LOVE these chairs!!

htomei

·
Registered
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htomei22
My Director's Series are very secure as well. They weren't at first, but when I firmly pushed the back into place they became rock solid. LOVE these chairs!!

htomei
Completely agree here too. I had to push the chair backs down pretty hard in some cases to get the satisfying "click" sound on my Studio's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive only just recently got mine and havent even taken them all out of the boxes, but I cant get either one of my seats to "click" together. Im a pretty big guy so I would think Id be able to apply enough pressure to get them together...any suggestions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not sure dford... i applied downward force on each side of the chair separately...but that sounds exactly like what you are doing?!

I'd make sure the receptacles are aligned well with the seat back as you are guiding them in? Maybe you can wd-40 the seat back posts to try to make the connection slide better?!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
dford,

I'm not sure that my Director's 'clicked' into place (as the Studios apparently do). You can tell when you have them properly 'seated', though, because the backs will no longer wobble - they'll feel firm and secure.

htomei

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Mine are also very solid...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I guess its maybe because its the Showtime model...or maybe its just me...going to try and switch the backs of the two I have out of the box and see if that is the culprit... anyone else had this problem with the Showtimes?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.