AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered two yards of the 122" ccc and made a quickie frame out of 1" x 2"s. the screen size is about 123" diag. my room is completely light controlled and i am running an optoma h78dc3. now for the question...

how much of an improvement did adding a black backer make to the picture? also, does a dark wall behind the screen perform the same function? currently my screen (without black backer) is about 16" in front of a dark brown wall. the colors look a bit washed out and the overall picture seems soft or out of focus. will i see a big difference by adding a backer directly behing the ccc?

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I built mine a couple of years ago I thought the picture looked good. I had a dark grey painted wall behind it. I had also ordered some black cloth as well and put it right behind the screen. Made a big difference. The material absorbed the light so none was bouncing back through.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i picked up some black cloth from the local fabric store and placed it behind half of my screen. did a great job of hiding the wood frame; it is no longer visible through the ccc. any improvement in the picture was hard to pick out though. if i paused an image that had darker colors, the colors on the half that had the black backer would appear slightly 'richer'. on the topic of colors, does the ccc skew the colors much? i had on monsters inc. last night and the colors especially on sulley looked off.

just thought of this... has anyone tried projecting on both sides of the ccc? just wondering if it has a front side and a back side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.