AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the pre-buy for the Dilard and colorfacts combo. Here is my question.

In order to use the automate feature of Dilard do I need a computer connected at all times?

Or can I use a learning remote to learn the codes such as on-off?

I have a pronto tsu-2000. I can turn the projector on and off by holding down the button, however I have never figured out how to make it work in a macro function. I also will need the ability to controll the inputs specificaly. Once again for a macro event.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
From my experience you will want to have the PC connected at all times. Learning the on IR does not seem to work for the D-ILA, and there is no off code.

Also, with DILARD you can do things like have buttons for brightness up/down, or shifting the image, as well as more complex macros done through the serial port interface.

Andy K.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use a Pronto as well and am able to reliably turn my G-15 on by repeating the Operate (on/off) command 4 times in a row without any delays. Repeating this code 3 times w/o delays works as reliably for turning it off.

Neil

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neil,

Are you using the on and off in a macro event? I can turn the projector on and off by holding down the key. However, I have never been able to use the on/off function in a macro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.