AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Dish Network system now, but I am thinking of getting a DST-3000 HD rec'r and the $10 Blockbuster deal. With this setup I believe I will have two STBs (one SD & one HD) and one elliptical dish. How many RG-6 lines would I need the bring into the house (from the DISH) if I wanted to use both STBs? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You would have to bring in two lines into the house, one for each receiver.

------------------

Juan

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
With the elliptical dish you have (2) dual LNB's, so you need to run (4) RG-6 lines from the dish to your multi-switch. You need one RG-6 line from the multi-switch for each receiver. Your 2 existing lines will only work if your multi-switch is located outside. Good luck.

Jay

[This message has been edited by jerndl (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The current elliptical receivers ship with a multiswitch that is designed to mount outside. There are even screws to attach the multiswitch directly to the back of the satellite dish. You run two lines from each LNB to the multiswitch all outdoors, then run the two lines to your receivers into the house. You will not have to add extra lines through the walls.

SMK

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 8 TVs hooked up to my Oval Dish. Here's how I did it.

Buy a device called a Trunkline Milleneum Model 35-TR5822. This cost me less than $200. You hook up the four LNB lines from the dish (two per LNB) to the LNB input (LNB lines 1 & 2 go to LNB input A and C respectively, and LNB lines 3 & 4 go to LNB input B and D respectively). The unit then plugs into a wall socket via a DC adapter and has eight RX output lines to go to up to 8 TVs.

One othe thing I like about this unit is that it has an input for a Terrestrial (Cable TV) signal which I use as a backup during severe weather.

Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That means you would need EIGHT STBs to get SAT on each TV.

Do you really have 8 boxes or do you just watch cable on most of them?

------------------

Ken B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.