AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing around with set-up configurations for the NEC LT 150 projector available in my room. The ideal config, for me, would be ceiling mounted- but the demensions of the room present an interesting issue.

To make a long story short, in order to achieve the proper throw onto my 16x9 screen, the image of the 150 would have to be shifted all the way to the top.

In otherwords, I need to project the 16x9 picture area justified all the way to the top of the available projection area, leaving the unused space all at the botttom, rather than half at the top/half at the bottom.

So what I was wondering was, could one of the gracious owners of the LT150 (specifically someone currently projecting on a 4x3 screen) pop in an anamorphic DVD, put the projector in 16x9 squash mode, and use the image adjust function to shift the image upwards and tell me if it can be shifted all the way to the top of your screen.

I konw there is an image shift function, I just don't know if it allows the image to be shifted by that great of a degree.

I would be greatly in debt to anyone who could check and let me know!

Vince

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The projector has an image shift function?? That's news to me.

What you are suggesting is only possible by using a HTPC and YxY or DVDsubber.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry Vince. I shifted the image up but it scrolls out of view beyond the 16:9 window, which stays fixed in the center of the 4:3 DMD. Test conditions: LT150 mfg date February 2001, component video input, 480p, aspect ratio at Cinema (16:9), anamorphic DVD, Panasonic RP91 progressive scan DVD player.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Vince & Signal,

Try setting the DVD player to 4:3 mode and set the LT150 to 4:3 mode also. This way the image might be shifted up/down properly. When you set up the projector in cinema mode it turns off the upper and lower panels to get 16:9 so when you shift the image the panels that are turned off will not be turned on.

------------------

Walter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.