Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Marantz people,

In case you didn't read my other posting about 4 ohms receivers I'm trying to find out if the 3 Marantz receivers will indeed deliver 4 ohms loads. Is it mentioned in the owners manual? This is why I'm hoping owners of one of the 3 models will reply. Of course sales people who sell Marantz receivers in their shop are welcome to respond too...

Thanks guys!! :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mattburk
you shouldnt have a problem
Hello Matt,

Can you expand on that? Which of the 3 models do you own? Did you check the owners manual to see if they do in fact deliver 4 ohms loads? :)

Curious...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know somebody who has the 9200 and Martin Logans. Electrostatics are notoriously difficult loads. He has no problem driving them. Marantz makes really good stuff, and they will drive 4 ohms.

Tim

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by nutt
I know somebody who has the 9200 and Martin Logans. Electrostatics are notoriously difficult loads. He has no problem driving them. Marantz makes really good stuff, and they will drive 4 ohms.

Tim
Hello Tim,

Thanks for your comment. But, being able to drive 4 ohms speakers vs. being listed as being able to deliver 4 ohms loads is a different story. I don't suppose I could trouble you to ask your buddy to reply after checking his user manual? :)

Thanks! If only Marantz would allow us to download their manuals online like Denon does.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, being too tired to really delve into my 8200 owners manual, there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer to that question after a quick read through. Upon further review, diagrams of the back panel seem to indicate/ recommend speaker systems from 6-8 ohm loads, but I don't know if that is really stated on the back of my recv'r.

A trip to a dealer might be in order?

Mark

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mr.mom
well, being too tired to really delve into my 8200 owners manual, there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer to that question after a quick read through. Upon further review, diagrams of the back panel seem to indicate/ recommend speaker systems from 6-8 ohm loads, but I don't know if that is really stated on the back of my recv'r.

A trip to a dealer might be in order?

Mark
Hello Mark,

Yes, a trip to a dealer "should" solve the problem. :) OR, I could save the trip and have a sr8200/sr9200/sr9300 owner look in their manual. Isn't there a page in the back listing all the specs? I would think there is....

Later guy...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark7pt1
Thanks Michael! Don't know why I didn't see them :)
Just downloaded the sr8200 manual....they only mention 6 ohms in the back :( Guess I can X marantz off my list if i go with 4 ohm spkrs...So guess I'll go with B&K 505 :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doh!

Speaking of not seeing things!!

There it is right on the last page under the heading "Technical Specifi-cations"... and I even looked at that page last night.

Sorry 'bout that. Enjoy whichever recv'r you ultimately choose.

Mark

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mr.mom
Doh!

Speaking of not seeing things!!

There it is right on the last page under the heading "Technical Specifi-cations"... and I even looked at that page last night.

Sorry 'bout that. Enjoy whichever recv'r you ultimately choose.

Mark
Hey Mark,

Heh!! It happens to the best of us :) Oh well. Now it looks like I might buy a B&K 505 if I go with a receiver and a Polk Audio LSi speaker system. Though, I just checked the specs/price of Rotel separates. Would cost me LESS than the B&K 505 or Marantz sr9300. :)

Later guy...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.