AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 4 Paradigm Atoms and a CC-170 for my 5.1 setup (also have a Yamaha powered sub). I am considereing starting to upgrade to the Monitor series. Starting with 2 Mini Monitors and possibly also the CC-370. Just wondered how much of a difference I will hear between the two series. Receiver is a Denon AVR-2800 if that helps.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Barring any strange things, the improvement you hear in the showroom, will translate well into your listening room....The atoms and the CC-170 are solid speakers for their price range, as are teh mini-monitors and the CC-370...only YOU can decide how big a difference YOU hear. It wont be night and day as the atoms and 170 sound nice....Its all about how much you are willing to spend for the improvements you hear....

·
Registered
106 Posts
I suspect more clarity and tighter bass however CCarncross is right, Audition and see what your Ears tell you. I beleive the Monitors most likely have better cabinets (Less Resonance), heavier Speakers magnets, and better crossovers.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1720
I currently have 4 Paradigm Atoms and a CC-170 for my 5.1 setup (also have a Yamaha powered sub). I am considereing starting to upgrade to the Monitor series. Starting with 2 Mini Monitors and possibly also the CC-370. Just wondered how much of a difference I will hear between the two series. Receiver is a Denon AVR-2800 if that helps.

Thanks in advance...
So the upgrade bug has hit :cool: One of the biggest drawbacks for this hobby and the wallet. :D Your choice of the Mini Monitors/CC370 is excellent. As you know Paradigm make excellent speakers for the money and the monitor line fits that bill. Clarity, larger soundstage and tighter bass should be a couple of things your notice. I would also assume at higher volumes the mini's would be better up to the challenge. May I suggest if your happy with your Atom setup right now, continue saving for a few more months and get into the Studio line up if possible. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I will audition them probably next week. I was just looking for general feelings about the upgrade. As far as the Studios go, that is probably more than I will ever be able to spend for speakers. I will see how much they are and maybe listen to them. I am also looking to upgrade to a Denon AVR-3805 too, so money will be tight.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I will audition them probably next week. I was just looking for general feelings about the upgrade. As far as the Studios go, that is probably more than I will ever be able to spend for speakers. I will see how much they are and maybe listen to them. I am also looking to upgrade to a Denon AVR-3805 too, so money will be tight.
Speakers last alot longer in a HT setup than a receiver. If your setup is mainly 5.1 then stick with you 2800 and use the money towards the Studio line. Then down the road upgrade the receiver. Just my 2cents

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
BTW I have a Denon AVR-3805 and it's great, I use it to power the following with no problems:

2 x Paradigm Monitor 11's Mains

2 x Paradigm Monitor 7's Surrounds

1 x Paradigm CC-370 Center

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Kevin and Snarl, that is another possiblity I have to consider. I feel like with TV watching I'm missing out without DPLII. That is my main reason for upgrading (besides the itch).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.