AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Samsung HL61A750 (DLP rear projection, build date of Jan 2009) back in January 09 from Crutchfield for $1200. It was a great deal IMO and I was very pleased with the picture quality of the set.

So now it broke and I have been dealing with the authorized repair company for a month (TV is at their shop now). I get a phone call today from Samsung saying that since I've been having the hassle of waiting for the repair, would I rather just get a replacement? I replied "Sure, I'll consider it, but I want the option of just getting my old set fixed if I'm not offered something satisfactory.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with Samsung in a similar situation and if anyone has any advice for a TV i should ask for with comparable specs. At the time that I purchased my set, I felt that there was no greater value to be found on the planet and that since I didn't have to mount the TV to the wall I was getting an unbeatable bang for the buck deal. Also, I looked forward to lower energy consumption and long screen life.

Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have been trhu exchange process w/ Samsung but it was was not easy getting them to do it even though they put the wrong main board in my new tv (lnt4665fx problems w/older hdmi) and it made the colors all off + i could no longer access some of the features on my tv Blue light on/off... but after a good 9 months of calling every day and five visits from diff. so called techs (none were samsung only Independent Contractor's) they agreed to replace it.

So after 9 days the new set arrived (ln46a650) the box was damaged a lil but set's was ok asthetics wise. Delivery Co. unboxed and set up etc. made sure it worked. It was Daylight outside and I did not notice untill my dissmay that night that it suffered from bad flash lighting and uneven screen uniformity . If I would have caught that when they were there I feel that I wouldnt have got the short end of the deal, since warranty ran out next day. Dont get me wrong I checked as good as I could closing curtains light off, but it was the HDMI black level on low that hides/crushes the color black no detail where there sholud be just black. Instead of HDMI black level on Normal where I am accustomed to viewing/playing content.. So if you get an LCD plz read up on some of the things to look out for on the new HDTV set but that doesnt mean they are not good.. I own two Sammy lcds and about to pick up another one maybe 8500

Oh yeah most MFG's claim or state 60,000 hr on traditional BLU LCD's now if its bulb dies or till half brightness I have no idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.