AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tested the Faroudja NR on several different display devices and found that it introduces chroma issues as well as cross color suppression issues. My question to PJ owners with DCDI is: "can you see evidence of chroma problems with your PJ's?"

A good test for this is the famous Toy Story tinker top lid. It is red and can shimmer or bleed when using an NR, I wonder how it appears using the same chipset in the PJ? AVIA YC Delay chart can also demonstrate chroma problems. If anyone can answer my question I would appreciate it.

It isn't going to deter me from buying the SIM but, I would like to know the answer nonetheless.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Eric:

This is off topic but I believe that you were a strong proponent of being able to achieve native rate on your Pioneer plasma. If that is important to you with your DLP make sure to ask some SIM owners if it is possible (if you haven't already). My guess is that it is, but some of the DLP's haven't been able to.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No need to go native and bypass the scaler when the internal scaleer is already the best you can buy. That's one of teh reasons I am willing to spend more for a Faroudja chipset and get the convenience too.

just want to know if the internal chipset experiences the same issues as teh exernal NR with regards to chroma and cross color suppression.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
eric: are we in agreement that the faroudja demo we saw (using the dcs) did not seem to display the Y/C problems? maybe they have finally adressed the issue, at least in one of their products!

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John, that is another issue entirely, the DCS is an external processor and not the same thing as the internal chipset. Plus, the internal chipset is based on the old NR software, the DCS (dvd/nr combo) is based on a completely new architecture and has supposedly corrected the chroma and CCS issues. No, we didn't see any such issues in the faroudja demo but, we saw very little animation. image looked superb though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.