AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have barley used my projector and recently noticed that when I'm viewing a black background, like the credits for instance, I see a small green flicker that is about 12 inches diameter on the bottom center part of the screen.

I could have sworn that I come across a thread on this issue some time last year but can't find it. Does anyone know what could be causing this? or how it could be fixed?

It a very faint green flicker, sort of looks like those fake flaming pots they sell in stores these days,

Also, does anyone have the service codes for this projector??

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sounds like a dust blob that's moving. Go to a black screen and defocus the picture. I can't remember which direction, but one or the other will allow you to focus on the dust blobs. You may find there is a small fibre or something on the green panel which moves due to internal air flow. Be warned - you may see a lot of crud when you focus this way. Generally only the big pieces are noticeable under normal viewing conditions.

If that is the problem and it bothers you then search for the PLV-70 dust blob cleaning thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.