Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually 2 questions...

1) For viewing anamorphic DVD's, should you set the Sharp to "Stretch", "Smart Stretch", or "Cinema Zoom" to achieve full resolution?

2) I have the import Z9000, I replaced the Japanese AC power cable (2-prong) that came w/ the projector w/a generic computer cable (3-prong) that I bought from my local Radio Shack....seems to work fine so far....Is this OK to continue using (voltage ratings seem similar)?

·
Registered
77 Posts
"1) For viewing anamorphic DVD's, should you set the Sharp to "Stretch", "Smart Stretch", or "Cinema Zoom" to achieve full resolution? "

Using Stretch is the better one of the three if your DVD "fills the screen" (16x9 material). However, on movies that are 2.35:1 ratio format, I prefer to use the cinemas zoom to get the a "full screen" even though it scales the picture more.

“2) I have the import Z9000, I replaced the Japanese AC power cable (2-prong) that came w/ the projector w/a generic computer cable (3-prong) that I bought from my local Radio Shack....seems to work fine so far....Is this OK to continue using (voltage ratings seem similar)?â€

I have a Sharp 9000 and I use a 3-prong plug for the extra grounding protection. I believe the power supply is dual voltage so it should not be a problem. I have had mine for over three months and its great!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only way to view an anamorphic DVD whether it is 1:85 or 2:35 use "Stretch" This will give you the proper aspect ratio. Smart stretch is for viewing 4.3 material and filling the screen at the expense of proper aspect. Moonshadow

·
Registered
519 Posts
Smart Stretch is for stretching 4:3 material to fill a 16:9 screen. You would use this mode when watching Monday Night Football and wanting the 4:3 broadcast to fill your entire 16:9 screen. It's "smart" because it stretches the sides of the image more than the middle so things in the middle, like people, don't look so wide.

Cinema Zoom is for 4:3 letterboxed content (non-anamorphic) so much of the black bars on top and bottom disappear. It "zooms in" on the letterboxed image.

Stretch is for anamorphic (a.k.a. "Enhanced for 16:9 TVs") DVDs. It stretches the squeezed anamorphic image to display it as intended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.