AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switching from D* back to cable.

How is the signal quality of the HD local channels?

Does the 3100 HD convert all to 1080i?

The reason I ask is I have GW II and can not change screen aspect for 1080i.

Any information when they add other channels?

FOX 25

UPN 38

WB 56 {still at low power)

HDnet

Any other information you have will also be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I am not in Shrewsbury, but watch all of the Boston OTA HD channels and have D* and watch those HD channels also and have a question, why would you want to change the aspect ratio for any of the HD channels? OAR looks best to me (IMO) and since you have a GW II, burn-in is not an issue ( I have the Samsung 507w and burn in is also not an issue)

Any reason? Figured that I would ask.

Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not lokking to change the aspect ratio on the HD channels but the other digital channels, some shows look better full screen

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I live in Shrewsbury and have two 3100HD boxes, one for my Hitachi 36" direct view, and one for my Sony 400q LCD projector. The locals off the 3100HD look just as good as OTA with my MyHD (and HiPix) cards. Also, Discovery looks really nice as well.

Yes, all channels out of the HD component output are converted to 1080i. You can also view standard definition and regular digital cable channels using the svideo connection to your tv if you want.

Sorry, but I don't recognize your display, what's a GW II?

Hope this helps.

-D

PS. No news on the other channels other than they're investigating HDNet and will add other channels (local or otherwise) as they start providing more content. Also, I was told once WGBH starts with regular HD broadcasts, they will add this as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.