AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy an SX21 (or maybe a G15) for my lab. We like the projector for its brightness and that it's panels 1400x1050 match our Thinkpad's resolutions exactly.

I'm now choosing a screen. Since this is primarily a computer display for us we'll go with a 4x3 screen. Rather than buy an expensive masking solution I was hoping to be able to roll up the screen to get the aspect ratio to 16x9.

The question I have is: when the SX21 projects in 16:9 does it move the picture to the top of the screen, bottom or somewhere in the middle. Since I'm running though HTPC this may be a silly question, I could probably shift the image at will anyway.

R-S

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
When you choose the option to output in 16:9 via the projector, immediately an adjustment bar comes on the screen (actually kind of annoying). Using this adjustment bar you can move the position of the 16:9 image vertically anywhere on the 4:3 panel.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
If you are using an HTPC to map the full panel in 4:3 you would actually want to use the HTPC to size your image and not the 16:9 mode on the projector. Where the image falls on the screen would then depend on the flexibility of your software. If you use the H3D card from Immersive you have tremendous control over the size and position of your image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.