AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents who live down the road (approx. 1/2 mi.) has DirectTV/Dish Network satellite, however in my house my wife refuses to have "that ugly dish" on the roof, in back, any where in site. my only option she alows is the attic, but as far as I know it'd ruin the line of site. I was wondering is there anyway that I can receive the signal from my parents house via (perhaps) some sort of send /receive antenna, network? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Don't think that is possible !!

You could place it in your back yard and paint it to look like a BIG (18") Flower........your wife likes flowers doesn't she ?:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
The thing to do is take her to a satellite store that carries the BUD. Have her look at a few of the big 8' -10' dishes that are out there. Tell her you would really like to get one of the big ones because of the programming. Cause a big stink. Talk to the salesman for a period of time. Really HAM it up :)

After your wife has almost had a heart attack maybe a small 18" dish will then be welcomed :)

Just a suggestion.

DWhite

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is fuunny. Great but funny too. It just mite work.:D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL,

I've tried that in a way. Whenever we pass by a neighbor's BUD I comment how much a want it, but it doesn't soften her to a 18" dish at all. I know there is a way to network wirelessly to close locations, question is can I send the satellite signal (before given to receiver to decode) .

thanks all

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cgott42
however in my house my wife refuses to have "that ugly dish" on the roof, in back, any where in site.
Take your wife to a retailer and show her what real besuty is :D The best looking houses are the ones with a Dish 500, 18" dish, DirecTV Plus dish w/c kit and a KU band dish or two all on the same roof ;). Now for your question, you can always get 1/2 mile worth of RG11 and run it over (or under) the neighbors houses but that wont work very well :(

Steve

·
Registered
224 Posts
Running the RG11 sounds like a great idea! Let's see, at $1/foot this will only cost $2640 ;)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DougRuss
Could always Hide it Under a Rock ?
Thats always a good solution :D

Steve

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just want to make sure nobody thinks "The Rock" idea was a joke. That is a *real* product ... it is a hollow fake rock, designed to look real, yet still allow reception through the fake rock material. Snow buildup may be a problem in some areas, but the rock is designed specifically to work for this purpose. I did consider getting it, but I have no personal experience with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.