AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the NAD 762 Receiver. I ordered the NAD 541i CD player today.

What is the best way to cable into the 762? Should I take advantage of the 541i's D/A, into receiver's cd inputs, or should I go digital out of 541i to digital in of 762?

My goal is to be able to listen to the best possible 2 channel setup for music.

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
277 Posts
You'll probably find that the CD's DACs are cleaner than the receivers, because it doesn't have all the surround sound stuff it has to go through. Not to mention that (at least on my NAD) very annoying first 1/2 sec of every track audio drop while the receiver identifies the digital format.

My vote is for good interconnects and an analog Left/Right connection.

-Mike

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I too have the audio drop out issue with my 762. My digital sources are from Denon, Pioneer, and Sony, and they all do it.

That said, I thought I read that someone with a NAD DVD or CD player did not have the problem with their 762. Since you are going all NAD, you can certainly try it both ways.

BGL

·
Registered
84 Posts
You will want to hook up both digital and analog from the C541i to the T762. The dac's in the C541i are far superior for 2 channel pcm (cd sound), so then you would use the analog input of the T762. You must be sure not to have it in any surround mode or it will get converted back to digital. That is why I would also use the digital connection. When you want to use EARS or PLII or some surround mode for music, select the digital input and eliminate the d/a and then a/d conversion.

The truest reproduction of stereo cd's will be from the analog inputs, but when you want surround just select the digital input.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have an NAD 572 DVD changer and 742 receiver, and do not experience a drop-out on CDs. I, personally, would recommend a digital connection (fiber optic or coax).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.