AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an Onkyo TX-SR876 after much deliberation. While overall I like the unit it is a tad slow switching inputs. I expected this.

However, I'm using a cheap Toshiba upscaling DVD player hooked up via HDMI as my CD player.

Whenever I skip songs, I miss the first 1-3 seconds of the next song. It appears to be the reciever struggling to pick up the HDMI signal.

I would be particularly interested to hear Onkyo owners experiences with this, but anyone's would do. I figure it is one of 2 things.

1. Onkyo reciever is just that slow with HDMI.

2. This Toshiba player is just that freaking slow in getting the signal out?

However if anyone has an Onkyo reciever (876 would be great but any model) and has a DVD player hooked up via hdmi if they could let me know the model of the DVD player that would be great and if it works well or not. I can still return either the reciever or DVD player and would really prefer to just learn this Toshiba DVD player is a POS... (SD6100KU).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
If you have the digital input set to "auto" it will do that. On my old PR-SC885, you could change the setting from "auto" to "pcm", and that eliminated the delay. Although I used a dedicated CD player, so it was always recieving PCM, that may not be good if you also use the player for DVD's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also...in a DUH moment I just plugged the player into my TV direct and played a CD... same delay. So, I don't think this is with the receiver... it's likely with the Toshiba Player. Going to buy a Panasonic Blu-Ray player soon anyways...so we will try that next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts