AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Directv for my main programming and Dish for HD. I am thinking of adding a directv HD Reciever to get the new HDNET since I already have direct programming. I have a mits TV with only one HD Input but I will need 2 HD inputs. Can some one in this situation tell me the best way to overcome this problem and about how much it would cost and what to do? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The brute force solution is a manual switch. Does the MITs take RGB or component? RGB is easy but I have seen ghosts.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
957 Posts
When you do your search you will find a number of options. I have used a manual Sony AV switch by using the Left,Right,Video inputs and outputs. Others have had good luck will other low cost $15 to $50 dollar manual switches purchased at Radio Shack for instance. In the last two weeks I have installed a Extron SWar4 I purchased on Ebay. This is a electronic switch, but does not have a remote capability like the new ones do for about ten times the money. The Extron switch works great for me, and I think the picture is better without the manual Sony switch in the loop.

Rick

------------------

RJW

·
Registered
311 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.