AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the sony hd200 hidef receiver, or any directv hidef receiver. My question is in hooking up component cables to colorstream hd1 in order to get hidef channels. Toshiba is telling me that you can not get pop splitscreen using component cables. Since using component cables to colorstream 1 or 2 is the only way I know to get hidef, they are saying I have to choose between hidef and pop. They say I cant have both. If this is the case I might give up hidef because I love pop. If anyone knows how I can get both or if you know the truth I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Pop does not work on component inputs of my 42H82 or my TW56X81 for that matter. I never missed it. If I wanted 2 small pictures I'd get a second direct view TV and not put up with squished images.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can still do POP but just not with the signals present on the 2 component inputs - ie you DVD player and HDTV tuner.

I have a Scientific Atlanta box from Comcast for my HDTV signal. It has many outputs so typically i'm just watching cable TV via the coax connection (typically the s-video cable connection is worse.) I can do POP when using the coax and/or s-video connection when watching. I just need to switch inputs on the TV so that i'm watching TV via something other than the two component inputs.

Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.