AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me the difference between RX receivers ending in 7 and those ending in 5. I'm looking at the RX-V567 and RX-V565. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between them but there is a hugh price difference.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsims2719 /forum/post/19610215

Could someone tell me the difference between RX receivers ending in 7 and those ending in 5. I'm looking at the RX-V567 and RX-V565. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between them but there is a hugh price difference.

Thanks for the help.

The 65 series are last years models. Not for 3D. Also realize that the power supply on the X65 series took a hit. If you want last years models go for the 765 or higher. The X67 series are the new models. Good to go for 3D. Also seemed to have improved on the power supplies from 665 to 667 models. Haven't looked that closely at the 565 nor 567. You can get the 765 or even the 1065 for less than a 667 though. If you don't want/need 3D then the 765 or 1065 would make an excellent substitute.

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Also some of the 65 series used a power hybrid IC power output stage, whereas the latest series uses discrete output transistors. The amplifiers with discrete output transistors have a higher sonic quality and are more musical sounding...

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code /forum/post/19611066

Also some of the 65 series used a power hybrid IC power output stage, whereas the latest series uses discrete output transistors. The amplifiers with discrete output transistors have a higher sonic quality and are more musical sounding...

Just my $0.02...

You know a statement like that is kind of questionable without some proof, M

I recall someone claiming that chip amps could in theory be better than discrete. I am not saying this. Someone else did

Perhaps those Hitachi, or Samsung or whatever that company was that made those chip amps made an inferior product. I don't know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts