AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a (deceptively) simple question. But I don't want you to go by what manufacturers claim, or theory, or what you may have read.

I would like to hear from actual users who have been able to accomplish one simple thing: Get their receivers with built in HDMI switching to switch HDMI 1080P video and multichannel audio simultaneously using a single HDMI cable (i.e., no separate digital coax or toslink audio input path to the receiver from the source allowed). Who's been able to do it via HDMI, and which brand of receiver is it that you recommend?

Because, God knows, I haven't been able to make it work with a previous receiver and now a brand new Denon 4306. The display is a Ruby. The HDMI sources are TIVOs, cable boxes, satellite boxes, DVD players, recorders...it doesn't matter. If we get video, there's no audio. And if we get audio, there's no video. And often we get simply nothing at all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Anthem D2 and Sony Ruby, with Pioneer BDP-HD1 (Blu-ray player), Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD), Oppo 970 HD, Star Choice DSR530 (Motorola) HD satellite STB.

Working like a charm for me. Rock stable. Everything at 1080p to the Ruby. Sound (even the newest HD audio codecs) and video. And all this with menus overlay even in 1080p on my main screen, and only 1 HDMI cable from both my Blu-ray and my HD-DVD players directly to my D2.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD to Denon 2807 to Sharp LC-42D62U all HDMI.

Works fine passing 1080i. I don't have any 1080p sources yet.

Also have a Samsung HD 860 on second HDMI input to receiver with no problems.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(Rene) LEVESQUE,

Just kidding.

Thank you! That's a big help. Well, know I know that the Anthem works. Anyone else have a receiver to suggest that's been working for them?

mapexp,

Thanks, as well, but I'm concerned that you may find that 1080p is problematic with the Denon. I hope I'm wrong!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.