AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just recently purchased a Sony 34XBR960 wide screen. After setting up the T.V. I noticed that there are 3 black horizontial lines through the screen. One towards the top, one through the middle, and one towards the bottom. The black lines are always in the same place and are about the size of a hair. Are these part of the design or on just my television? I was not sure on this. Thanks all, Jon.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Normal. Part of the design.

If you're at a "normal" viewing distance, and the thing isn't set into super bright torch mode, you shouldn't see those at all.

Decent calibration and such will continue to improve it. I can see them if I'm like, 3-4 feet away, which is way too close for viewing anyways. 6-8 feet and beyond, I can't see them.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Yep those lines are normal for all Sony Trinitron picture tubes they are the shadow of the aperture grill wires unique to that CRT design. After awhile your eyes don't notice them anymore.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge
Hello, I just recently purchased a Sony 34XBR960 wide screen. After setting up the T.V. I noticed that there are 3 black horizontial lines through the screen. One towards the top, one through the middle, and one towards the bottom. The black lines are always in the same place and are about the size of a hair. Are these part of the design or on just my television? I was not sure on this. Thanks all, Jon.
Congrats on the purchase!

Check out the Sony 34XBR960 thread for answers to this question and a lot more to get yourself set up and enjoying the TV.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, the guy at BB was trying to tell me that he thought that I had a scaling issue and I needed the extended warranty to have the geek squad come out. He added that they needed to get into the service menues on the Dish 811 and dvd players to sorrect the conflicts.

I started to read the official thread but it is very very very long.

What are some good settings on the pro mode to start with when I try to dial it in with the test dvd?

Thanks again guys and man was that thing heavy. Jon :eek:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge
I started to read the official thread but it is very very very long.

What are some good settings on the pro mode to start with when I try to dial it in with the test dvd?

Thanks again guys and man was that thing heavy. Jon :eek:
I'm not saying you have to read the entire thread. It just helps if you post your questions in the thread. You will get quicker responses as most of us 960 owners are subscribed to the thread.

As for settings

Pro and Monitor

Bright 30 something

Contrast: 30 something

Sharpness: 20ish

Color and Hue: center values (31 color, 0 Hue.)

Color temp: Neutral

VM: off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.