AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my UTV on its side for several weeks now and notices it operates much cooler now. I have it on its left side, on bottle caps. Seems to do real well, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems operating it on its side. Thanks for any info and for this great forum, I've lurked for awhile and found the best info for UTV here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JabbaTHutt
What you might want to find out is if the hd in it can be run in that position, if not you could be looking at an early failure.
Hard drives can be run in any position without negative effect, as long as the position allows for proper cooling.

Clip

·
Registered
26 Posts
That wasn't always true, hard drives used to only be able to be placed in one position. In fact in the early days of computers it depended on how the drive was positioned when it was formated. - Just thought that would be of interest to you all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try the keep tuners cool Mod. and raise your box up about a 1/2 inch or so to circulate air from under the unit. All for under $20.00

I modified my UTV 1 week ago, and my tuners are still running cool and not hot.

Your UTV will always run warm, that is normal, you just don't want those tuners to run hot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.