AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to all

Anyway, I'm on my yearly vacation so staying home with some hot cocoa curled up in my leather sofa in front of the PJ (for the most part
).

Now that I'm staying home full-time (for 2 weeks), I'm using the PJ more often unlike the usual 4 hours or so I use during my work weekdays.

Here's my typical scenario.....

-10ish am ...turn on PJ

- 3pm ...go out for house chores (shopping, playing with kids outside, etc)

- 7pm ..back on PJ

-12 midnight....goto bed and turn PJ off

I did this for the last 2 days (turned PJ before I left the house in the afternoon and turned it back on at night). Now I'm thinking about whether to leave it on all day or continue to do what I'm doing right now.

So when I leave home around 3pm, should I turn the PJ off and turn it back on at night or simply leave it running during the whole time?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Any more than an hour or so of delay, turn it off.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
I have been getting 5000+ hours out of my lamps by not turning off the projector if I am returning to it within 2hrs. Every lamp strike is the equivalent of about 2hrs of lamp life.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got 10,000k hours off a Sanyo Z2 bulb and I turned that thing on and off like a 13" crt. I even moved the silly PJ aronud while on with the same bulb. Some poor bastages get 250 hours, who freaking knows.

I believe that there is in fact a warranty from one company that does not allow for more than 12 hours usage in a 7 day period or something to that effect.

·
Registered
785 Posts
We usually leave our HD80 on all day unless w are going to be away for 4+ hours. So it's frequently on from 10AM to 8PM. No problems, no issues, and cold winter days it helps heat up the living room. Now that's multi-tasking.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by btokars /forum/post/15437070

and cold winter days it helps heat up the living room. Now that's multi-tasking.

I know that feeling
....I rented in South San Fran for several years before moving out to Elk Grove! Loved downtown SF but couldn't stand the cold foggy weather (and the real estate price
) down there.

Thanks guys for the responses....I'm going to turn the PJ off then and then turn it back on at night (bulb would have 4 hours to cool down too).

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.