Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am new to upscalers & all.

I am very interested in getting a DVDO IScan HD+ for my Optoma H79.

My local retailer has a "B-stock" much less than the MSRP. What does B-Stock mean?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
B-Stock typically means that the unit has been used before, either as an in store demo or by another customer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
B-Stock typically means that the unit has been used before, either as an in store demo or by another customer.
MnkyBiz,

I purchased a B stock HD+ direct from the DVDO web site. It came with their standard 30 day money back guarantee and the full manufactures warranty. I also added the SDI card at only $100. Taken together it was a lot cheaper than buying new.

It has worked flawlessly, although to be fair I have only had it running for about four weeks.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
B stock does not mean a dealer demo or a trade in. A trade in is a trade in or used piece and a demo is a demo. B tock means a piece that was defective cosmetically or functionally upon or shortly after delivery and which the consumer or dealer returned to the manufacturer as defective for replacement with a new one. Upon being fixed, the piece becomes B stock. If only a cosmetic dfect, it could be sold as B stock. A trade show demo is not B stock, it is a show demo.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnkyBiz
All,

I am new to upscalers & all.

I am very interested in getting a DVDO IScan HD+ for my Optoma H79.

My local retailer has a "B-stock" much less than the MSRP. What does B-Stock mean?

Thanks,

Bill

Mine was a b stock from the dvdo website. It was perfect.

Dave

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Quote:
=mark A trade show demo is not B stock, it is a show demo.
It depends on the manufacture. Every year after NAB Sony has a "B-Stock" sale on broadcast monitors. These specifically are units they loaned to other vendors for show usage. Prior to that they were NIB.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hey Mark, check your PM.

I buy B stock frequently, never had a problem. This stuff is amazingly reliable. How can you go wrong buying B Stock from DVDO with full warranty??

Dan

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Golly, I would have thought that Josh at DVDO would know what DVDO meant by B-stock - guess I was wrong. I do know that Dell and Gateway used to refer to returned items (in the trial period) as B-stock; broken and fixed items were referred to as "refurb" or "factory refurbished."

Which is all semantics - Josh is stating that b-stock is usually a returned item; afaik, knowing that the returned item has been used, and then looked at by the factory, aside from cosmetic blemishes, the b-stock item is in my opinion more likely to function properly than a NIB item.

I would never buy a b-stock HD multi track machine, and I have learned to shy away from b-stock DAT machines. But a solid state device such as a vp? - If I wanted it, and the price was right, would jump on it in a minute.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee
Golly, I would have thought that Josh at DVDO would know what DVDO meant by B-stock.
So did I

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.