AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am planning to setup the multimedia cabinet (digital cable,blu-ray,roku,internet) in study room and source the audio/video to th family room tv & home theatre and to the projector in media room.

what is the best way to configure for the above?

I am thinking that I need to have two receivers for two rooms and some kind of hdmi switch so that I can switch digital cable output to either family room tv or to the projector in media room.

please provide your inputs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm far from an expert at this, but I think what you're looking for is an HDMI Matrix Switch, a la this one .

If you were to add something like that, then you shouldn't need receivers for switching video inputs -- you might still want them to power your audio, of course, but you'd be switching inputs using the HDMI matrix. Any of the outputs on a matrix can select any of the inputs. All the outputs could be running independent inputs, or they could all be set to the same one.

To make this convenient, of course, you'd need an IR receiver and remote in each room capable of switching inputs on the matrix.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rogersmj for the link. Looks like that hdmi matrix switch supports only upto 60hz.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, will let you know.

Hoping for experts advise here, let's see if anyone has better ideas.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Screen refresh rates are not the same thing as the HDMI frame rate. 1080p60 support is what you need from a matrix switch, and any current model will do that. If you care about 3D support, make sure the product supports it.

Check out the numerous threads on these topics in the Home AV Distribution forum a few down from here...

·
Registered
163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor  /t/1519877/question-on-how-to-setup-audio-video-output-to-multiple-rooms#post_24412925

Screen refresh rates are not the same thing as the HDMI frame rate. 1080p60 support is what you need from a matrix switch, and any current model will do that. If you care about 3D support, make sure the product supports it.

Check out the numerous threads on these topics in the Home AV Distribution forum a few down from here...

Oh interesting...thanks for making the distinction. Ok, then that Monoprice one should work, in theory (it does support 3D).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts