AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is maybe a dumb question but impacts what speakers I may buy

When Im listening to things for TV/Movie/Game purposes, things are straight forward, I generally select the 7.1 (for PS3) or Dolby Digital/DTS for everything else. What Im wondering is when I listen to music what is the best settings for this, straight Stereo? And that leads me to wonder how I can make the most of my subwoofer in this mode.

Regarding the speakers I want the Polk M70s but those damn things never go on sale jeez, so I may pick up the M60s which dont have the low end response. Im trying to see if I can modify my current setup to get decent sound for music listening. Any help for this noob would be great

Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, just tried that and its def nice, however my sub 'oomph' is not like it is during normal TV 5.1/7.1 modes. Does the nature of 'stereo' desaturate the sound from the subwoofer? Im just trying to put more of the bass back into the music. I suppose I could jack my sub dial up but that doesnt seem like an ideal way to do this.

Maybe Im looking for more than its intended for, but figured Id ask

Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Don't touch the sub dial. Increase the sub volume on the receiver by hitting the Channel button. You can raise individual channel volume there if you want.

Have you run Audyssey yet?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep. however to be honest I recently got this PSW505 sub and CS2. I havent retuned since I have some M30s on the way, and was hoping to complete the package with M70s (hopefully) if not M60s.

My 505 is set to the half way mark at the moment and not on LFE. Ive been following batpigs guide in the past.

Question, can I set the sub higher for JUST multi chan stereo? and have it where it is already for the other modes? or does it not work this way? Havent really tried messing with it too much

·
Registered
700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha /forum/post/19542091

Don't touch the sub dial. Increase the sub volume on the receiver by hitting the Channel button. You can raise individual channel volume there if you want.

Have you run Audyssey yet?

what?

i didnt know this, you can?

i was going deep into the OSD menu to the levels section to do this but obviously its pretty tedious to do - i'm gonna try this when i get home

·
Premium Member
93,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachforlife /forum/post/19542106

Question, can I set the sub higher for JUST multi chan stereo? and have it where it is already for the other modes? or does it not work this way? Havent really tried messing with it too much

Once you've run AUTO SETUP such that the sub channel isn't set to +/-12db, then you don't adjust the sub volume/gain knob again, rather you simply use the remote pressing the button. The CH level settings are global so if you change it for Mult CH Stereo you would have to change it back for the other surround modes either manually or via a Quick Select button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts