AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a bridge for my Xbox so i can re-sign up with live, download some content and maybe even play some games online if I can find some friends :)

However I had forgoton that you NEED to buy (or receive) one of those stupid credit card things just to join up. I fire up the bridge after getting it setup and find..oh great...not only can't I recover my old account (from..err..2002), but I can't even connect up with my CC! I gotta buy one ofthose damn subscription cards. BACK to the store i DONT want to go :p

But........I have an Xbox 360 on the way.

When you sign up with that system, do you also get access to regular XBOX Live content as well, under the same account??? Or can you only have 1 or the other. I want to be able to download XBOX content (premium or otherwise) to my XBOX, as well as have access to all the LIVE 360 stuff.

Can someone explain to me how that all shaeks down, and wether or not I should go and get that 1 month subscription card to LIVE or can I accomplish everthing I need to just by setting up the 360 system.

I'd hate to go out, buy a $7.99 one month card....sign up, only to find I get access to that stuff when I sign up for the first time with my new 360...

????

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yes. A paid Xbox360 Gold account is interchangable with Live on the original Xbox. You just can't log on at the same time to both consoles. You can also sign up via the original Xbox, and that will automatically be a Gold account when you get your Xbox360.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ManyThx.......I'll pick up a 1 year card tomorrow at bestbuy and just start the account with my current xbox, download the content I need, then "switch it" to gold or whatever when the 360 arrives.

·
Registered
93 Posts
just be careful if you buy content for the original xbox. From what I understand it won't carry over to the 360 (you'll have to buy it again if you are playing backwards compat on the 360).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.