AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AVQuestion003.jpg 368k .jpg file~~Hi , I am building a new house and I would like to build an AV closet for central distribution of both audio and video for the house. For now assume I will have 4 sources: XBOX, Apple TV, Popbox media streamer, and a HD cable box. I have one HD TV and a overhead projector where I have run an AV tube in which I plan to run HDMI cables to each. However I have 2 other remote HD TV's that I have run CAT5e to for the purpose of using HDbaseT to send the HDMI signal. I haven't yet selected my AV equipment so I have many options. Most AV receivers have min 5 HDMI input and often have 2 HDMI outputs. In addition I have been looking at some 4x2 HDbaseT matrixes. My question is what type of Matrix should I get and how should it be hooked up to my AV receivers to accomplish my distribution of both video and audio? Will the source switching occur at the matrix or the AV Receiver or both? Separately I am wondering if I should use an IR repeater or a RF signal for sending commands back to my AV closet Note I will also have likely 3 AV receivers in order to accomplish my sound distribution. (Note the far rooms are not as close as I have depicted in my attached drawing) Thanks again in advance for your advice

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts