AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for people familiar with the Niles MRC.
I want to see if anyone has heard of this happening. I recently installed a MRC (About 2 months ago or less), one day I came home from work and went to turn the music on, and I just got the "connecting" screen. Went and looked and the MRC power light was doing the "fade in-out" like it normally does on start-up. So I waited a while, nothing seemed to change. So I powered it off with the switch on the back (front button wouldn't do anything). Powered it back on, it immediately started the "Fade in-out", instead of waiting for the front button press. Long story short, I left it like this overnight, was still doing the same thing the next day. I tried unplugging it overnight, same results when I powered it back on. I talked with tech support at Niles, they had no other ideas, besides running the "reset" program through the USB port. I tried this, at which time I noticed there are no network lights showing up at the Ethernet connection (tested cable, its good). I also got no response out of the USB connection.

The day it stopped working, I have no knowledge of a power outage or surge. My kids were home all day with TV/games, etc running and they said everything was fine. So, has anyone ever heard/experienced any "mysterious" MRC deaths?

I was enjoying the heck out of my system until this happened and crushed my dreams. All my work of running wiring, installing speakers, mounting controllers, and now I can't use it. :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm a big proponent of the MRC-6430. I haven't heard of this issue but it sounds like you might have a hardware failure. I'm a Niles dealer so I might have a little bit better luck with technical support, but they're closed at this hour. If you have time and want to troubleshoot with me I could get you up and running and if not I could get you an RMA.

If it comes to tomorrow and you still haven't gotten a good answer you can send me a PM if you want to give it a shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a big proponent of the MRC-6430. I haven't heard of this issue but it sounds like you might have a hardware failure. I'm a Niles dealer so I might have a little bit better luck with technical support, but they're closed at this hour. If you have time and want to troubleshoot with me I could get you up and running and if not I could get you an RMA.

If it comes to tomorrow and you still haven't gotten a good answer you can send me a PM if you want to give it a shot.
Thanks James, I have another email into Niles support, they are really good at getting back with me, so I'll see what they say today.

(I would PM you but I don't have 15 posts yet.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks James, I have another email into Niles support, they are really good at getting back with me, so I'll see what they say today.

(I would PM you but I don't have 15 posts yet.)
I'm having a similar problem.

What USB-program did you use?
I used te update.sh that came with the factory_reset.exe with no response.

My ethernet-lamp is blinking green, ang the yellow one is dark.

Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm having a similar problem.

What USB-program did you use?
I used te update.sh that came with the factory_reset.exe with no response.

My ethernet-lamp is blinking green, ang the yellow one is dark.

Did you find a solution?
I'm guessing you can't discover it over the network using the factory reset utility?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts