AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried look in in my manuals, but could not come up with anything, so I thought I try here.

I have an Onkyo HT-S3200 purchased in 2009, and a newer Onkyo HT-S3400 purchased a few months ago.

On my Onkyo 3200, the front display shows (full time) the audio format such as "Dolby D" or "Dolby PLII" when I'm watching cable channels or OTA.

However on my 3400, the front display shows the input name such as "CABLE/STB" or "Blu-Ray", etc.

The 3400 manual says I can hit "display" on the remote to see what audio format is being broadcast, and it does briefly show "Dolby D" or whatever on the display, but after a few seconds, it goes back to the input name.

I prefer to see what audio format is being shown on the display full time. Even though it shows a smaller red "D" symbol on the front display, I can't tell if its Dolby Digital or PLII unless I hit the display button. Is there anyone else who might have come across this and figured it out? Other than a few new features, the 3200 and 3400 are almost identical.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.