AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Sorry If I have this in the wrong area, I have a sony VLP-VW50 and I am wondering when I should change the Bulb? I haven't used it that much, it says under the menu that is its at 1725 Hours, I dont know if that is how much I have used it or how much it has left? Could I get your feedback on what I should do?

Also, I have not been following the new projectors at all for the last couple of years, I am happy with mine besides that fact it seems a little dim. Is there something new that is just light years ahead of what I have, that has a reasonable price tag?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
You are indeed in the wrong forum, try the >$2500 forum a couple below this one.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktrader /forum/post/19590243

it says under the menu that is its at 1725 Hours, I dont know if that is how much I have used it or how much it has left? Could I get your feedback on what I should do?

Also, I have not been following the new projectors at all for the last couple of years, I am happy with mine besides that fact it seems a little dim. I

Thanks

it's dim becuase your lamp is way, WAY too old. At a few hundred hours the bulb starts dropping in brightness, by 1K hours it has lost 50% of it's light output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktrader /forum/post/19590243

Is there something new that is just light years ahead of what I have, that has a reasonable price tag?

No, a JVC DILA is better but they are still pretty pricey. Maybe a used RS20 but I don't keep track of all the different versions since they seem to have a "new better" one every year. My CRT has been up for 7 years and it's still just as bright and enjoyable as day 1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where is the best spots to buy new bulbs? When I plug the model number in google there are a number of bulbs that work that are 1/2 the price of the original? HAs anyone ever bought one of these bulbs?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
nope, none of use here use bulbs, we like tubes = Cathode Ray Tubes

·
Registered
365 Posts
see post below your starter. remember the projectors from the 1970's-thru early 2002? that had 3 lenses with red, green , blue all converged on a screen. These units were about 100lbs and up lots of $$$$ to buy. No light bulbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts