Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I was a satisfied UTV user since May but now I am starting to wonder what is up...

I have a problem with the amount of space available for recording...

here is what happened...

I have 3 - 1 hour "storyTellers" shows (vh1 music show) saved as keep until I delete it...

I have 1 - 5 hr world series baseball game (game 3) saved as keep until I delete it...... (4 hrs game and an extra 1 hr of news)

I have recorded 4hr 1/2 hrs of last nights game (game 4) and I tried to save as "keep until I delete it" and UTV told me I need to delete 3 hrs worth of recordings before I can do this..

UTV says I can not go over more than half the recording space with "keeps"....

8 hrs and I can not save 4 1/2 hrs more?

What gives?... I turn it off almost EVERY night and it stays off till almost 7pm the next day ...so it is off enough for housekeeping utilities....

Any ideas?

Joe

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The current software has a limit of 50% of the total space that can be used for KEEP programs. Here I don't get that message until I try to keep more than about 15 hours.

Sounds like some sort of config problem. Call customer service and let them help.

Ed

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still lost...

3 hrs of music and 5 hrs of sports and that is 50%....

This is very very poor.... besides.... in slow motion quality is not so hot... I have seen better quality in a regular season recorded game

JOe

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jplescia
I am still lost...

3 hrs of music and 5 hrs of sports and that is 50%....

This is very very poor.... besides.... in slow motion quality is not so hot... I have seen better quality in a regular season recorded game

JOe
I don't recall ever seeing a specification for keep function. It just maybe 50% of what you have recorded and not 50% of the storage capacity? You should get at least 20 hours sports recording before the disk is full from what I have read in this forum.

As for slow motion, I recorded ABC (ABCW) monday night football recently and I thought it looked great using one frame or slow motion? I guess it depends on the channel as some compress more than others, local channels, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.