AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The setup is that I have has one source and two destinations, one being a headset and one being a recording unit.

I recently just wasted $10 on  one of these little guys  only to find that I'm getting no audio from either the headset or the recorder. However, when I hold the cable from the source up to the cable to my headset and put them head to head in my hand, I get sound. So the problem is not the cables, the headset/recorder, or the source at all, but it must be the splitter.

I assumed that the strength of the signal, since the splitter is passive, is rendered too weak to be used by either the recorder or the headset (which is connected to a mixamp) thus leaving me with nothing on either fronts. My question is:  would one of these solve my issue?  

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Can you see any red light passing through the splitter, it if not there is something inside blocking it. Yes the link you posted, the powered splitter should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, but as it turns out I found a solution to my problem without needing to buy anything. The things you think of laying awake at 4AM...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts