AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Panasonic TC-P58VT25. When I was in the store, the salesman told me the TV comes with an oval stand that allows the TV to swivel right and left (the floor model in the store was wall mounted, and my room configuration will not permit me to use a wall mount).

When I received the TV today, it came with a rectangular stand that requires the set to be bolted in two places, so it cannot swivel. That is not desirable to me -- I want to be able to view the TV straight on from different vantage points.

When I look at pictures of the Tv on line, it has the oval stand (although I cannot tell from the pictures if the TV swivels).

I contacted the store where I bought the TV, and they are concerned that if they order another TV, it may come with a rectangular, non-swivel stand. I am concerned that they may simply tell me they cannot get a swivel stand (whether it's true or not) in order to avoid having me ask for a replacement.

For anyone out there who has a Panasonic TC-P58VT25, what type of stand did you receive, and does it swivel? I am particularly interested in the TV's that were manufactured more recently. Mine has a June manufacturing date, so it's possible they switched to the oval base after that or switched from the oval base.

Thanks.

MAC

·
Registered
710 Posts
If I recall correctly the one set up at my local BB is as you described yours and does not swivel. I think the swivel feature may be available for smaller sized VT25s, but I've never been aware that it was available for the 58 or 65. You might want to take a look at getting a table with a swivel feature.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACinPittsford /forum/post/0

I just purchased a Panasonic TC-P58VT25. When I was in the store, the salesman told me the TV comes with an oval stand that allows the TV to swivel right and left (the floor model in the store was wall mounted, and my room configuration will not permit me to use a wall mount).

When I received the TV today, it came with a rectangular stand that requires the set to be bolted in two places, so it cannot swivel. That is not desirable to me -- I want to be able to view the TV straight on from different vantage points.

When I look at pictures of the Tv on line, it has the oval stand (although I cannot tell from the pictures if the TV swivels).

I contacted the store where I bought the TV, and they are concerned that if they order another TV, it may come with a rectangular, non-swivel stand. I am concerned that they may simply tell me they cannot get a swivel stand (whether it's true or not) in order to avoid having me ask for a replacement.

For anyone out there who has a Panasonic TC-P58VT25, what type of stand did you receive, and does it swivel? I am particularly interested in the TV's that were manufactured more recently. Mine has a June manufacturing date, so it's possible they switched to the oval base after that or switched from the oval base.

Thanks.

MAC

Yes, the 50" has the swivel stand, you don't want that 58" TV swinging in the wind. I have the 54 and the stand does not swing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.