AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to feed the component output of the Sony Hd-1000 in 480/540I to a scaler, and when watching hdtv to get the HDTV 1080I via VGA for pass thru thru a scaler.

I heard there is a switch on the back to select between the two modes.

Can't this be done without having to schlep to the back of the unit?

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
The switch is on the front and on the remote; it toggles between S/composite, Component 480i, component variable,component 1080i, and VGA 1080i. Only 1 output type at a time- the RF (ch 3 or 4) only works when S/composite is selected.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I guess that there are no DISCREET IR codes from SONY then? For a remote touchscreen etc. etc.

Are there LED's that indictate this on the unit or is it stictly ON SCREEN?

This is a problem then... it is TWO presses from VGA to 480I and three presses in reverse...!!!

I would need three touchscreen buttons a SYNCH (no macro)

a two step macro FOR sd COMPONENT and a THREE STEP MACRO FOR hd.

i GUESS i COULD SPLIT THE COMPONENT y SIGNAL AND PLACE A SENSING RELAY TO SYNCH THE UNIT AUTOMATICALLY.

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
There is an excellent front panel display as well as OSD. The mode switch appears to be only a toggle but there could still be discreet IR codes- I heard the VCR record timer automatically switches mode to 480i NTSC outputs at start of recording and then back to previous mode

As to using sync output as sense, that might work but switching is slow and you have to go thru several toggles each time -I disliked the DTC-100 because the mode control was on panel only, not on the remote-the Sony remote mode control is not that useful.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark :

I thank you for your responsiveness.

Is there a Direct access INPUT select button on the handset?MEANING> Not having to hit menu to arrive to it.

If yes....This is what I would do with a panja system.

Take a low voltage feed from the Component SD and VGAHD led drive voltages in parallel to two inputs of the Panja LV current sensing module terminals.

Yes that means opening up the case.

If the voltage is present on A perform a three button press macro if it is present on B perform a 2 button press macro. Heck if the the IR input selection is sluggish as compared to the HARD front panel button soldering a parallel contact closure lead to the Panja may be better...

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
The mode button is direct access on the remote.

I had a similar dilema and ended up using component video for all displays- use a switcher or component video amplifier with looping-the switcher can be controlled by serial or IR or a receiver/processor with component switching-I always leave the HD-100 on Comp Variable-it seems to be compatible with a lot of displays with this setting.

What you describe seems a bit risky that it would work.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah you are right.

Guess we will have to run a second set of component to the second input of the projector. Or use two dedicated DSS's.

Thanks bro.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a button on the remote to switch modes. It's under the flip-up cover, lower left corner. There should be a code you can enter to scroll through the choices on a non-Sony programmable remote.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
Run Component cables to the projector and get a "brick" from Video Accessoy Corp (1800 821 0426) such as model RGBVB/VDA-3G Video Distribution Amp-it has a freq range of DC-440Mhz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also a Panja dealer, what about using a video sync on the composite video output of the receiver. Check for signal, send ir code, check again. When signal sensed you now what state the receiver is in and can issue the appropriate number of ir to get it where you want.

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
RG- good idea but the Sony also has a time out on the toggle-if you dont keep the toggle going, the time out causes the next toggle to display current output mode without switching- this will probably screw up the sequence

·
Registered
5 Posts
true, but once you know that the sony is at output 1, you can send the ir one after the other to get where you want to be. ie : two irs to toggle to the next, wait and check for signal, two irs to toggle, wait and check for signal, got signal (out 1), three irs and your are at output 3 1080i

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
I agree-at least in theory it can be done-now, is there anyone out there who has done it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.