AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm putting in a projector and as such, my equipment stack is moving to the rear of my home theater. However, I'd still like to be able to point my remote forwards, towards the screen instead of backwards over my head or something like that.

Anywho, I've only looked around a little, but considering I really just want to send the signal from my remote to the front of the room to the back of the room to my components, I was thinking that something like the Terk LF-IRX or Powermid would do the trick nicely.

My question is this: Can a single powermid RF receiver -> IR transmitter or single LF-IRX RF receiver -> IR transmitter be used to control an entire component stack?

In all the IR repeaters I've seen, one needs to physically stick a little LED to a component, meaning one needs as many little LEDs as components! I've seen IR "blaster" LEDs that seem to be able to control more than one device and do not need to be stuck directly to only one component, but I am wondering if the Terk LF-IRX or Powermid can do this same sort of thing.

Clearly, I am not looking to spend a lot of money on this, so I'd prefer to avoid the cost of a SmartLinc system. The Terk LF-IRX system is very inexpenxive, but if it can only control one device, it is useless to me!

The Powermid seems to do what I want, but I am not sure. Also, there is an extension for the Powermid that plugs into the RF receiver that they say is used when one's components are hidden, in a closet say. Is this extension able to control multiple devices, or is it simply just like the other little LEDs and must be physically stuck to one device and one device only?

Thanks for any info!

Rob H.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.