AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have some more questions about using the fixed focus on the sony cx/xr550.

I know that using the fixed focus feature, I lose the face recognition feature.

Will the camera lose also the auto exposure and other features in comparison to the uto focus ?

I mean, I do not understand if there are and which are all the disadvantages of using a fixed focus over using an auto focus.

Can someone pls be more technical specific on the fixed focus option ?

I really like silly technical questions ;-)

Thank you

·
Registered
367 Posts
No, changing to manual focus does not change the exposure to manual exposure. You must do this seperately.

Using manual focus is good if you want to make sure one object in your video remains in focus even though something else is moving around. You may for example want a person's face to remain in focus even though other people are walking in front of him from time to time (just one example).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank toy, so do u think that the only difference between fixed focus and auto focus is that the fixed focus fix the camera at a certain distance, while instead auto focus, change the focus in base at what passes in front at the camera ?

So is the behavior of the camera in terms of white balance and exposure the same, no matter if we have auto focus or fixed focus ?

I mean lets say u have fast changing in light condition, the camera will act the same and adjust to the light variations, no matter if in auto focus or fixed focus ?

1 last thing, I really do not see the difference when I set the manual focus at 50cm , 60 cm , 70 cm or infinite.

If I set it to infinite, I can even look fine if I put an object vry close to the camera .

Do u know why ?

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts