AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that all of you experts are not offended by my following novice question, but I truly do not know how to do this.

I am going to purchase the panny 50 and would like to know how to mix standard DSS signals and a computer screen on the monitor, to do like internet on the left and DSS on the right side of the screen.

So my question is: Is there a box you can buy to mix video sources, component, and S for example, and place them on the panel in different location? (since the panel resolution far out weighs the currently available source resolution including 480p dvds?)

Thanks,

Peterg

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I'm not a 100% sure on this, but I think that the Snell and Wilcox Advisor (I believe that's the model) cna do that. I know that it has the capability of splitting the signal for use on a video wall, but it might also be able to do it on the same display device. The downside: price. It is very expensive. I don't know of any reasonable prices units that can do that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
Alternatively, you might want to consider getting a video input card for your PC and display the DSS output in a window on the PC's desktop. A search of the HTPC forum should turn up several different input cards that might be appropriate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.