AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to add some speakers to my basement ceiling for rear surrounds and two additional speakers above the breakfast bar. Is there something I should put on top of the speakers to help 'contain' the sound and prevent it from going into the main floor? Someone told me to just get some plastic containers and put them on top of the speakers. Someone else told me that there were these sound absorbent rubbery pockets that help to reduce the sound from traveling up to the main floor. Sorry if I'm not making it too clear. I want to prevent sound from traveling from the speakers to the main floor and was looking for suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was pondering the same thing. Was thinking of putting some of that dynamat above and around it. Like they use in car trunks and doors for car audio systems.

·
Registered
573 Posts
To help minimize the sound I put fiberglass insulation around mine and it helped out a lot. I tested before and after and it made a big difference. It's not sound proof by any means but makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.