What's YXY is supposed to do for my picture?.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Move it, stretch it, shrink it....

Heres a link that describes its value
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/htpc/yxy_windvd.html

From that link:

The main benefit of this tool is if you have a front projection system, you can leave your projector memory set up for anamorphic sources (i.e. vertically squeezed.) When playing non-anamorphic DVD's you can simply size the window of the DVD player 33% taller than normal. It will then look like an anamorphic DVD to your projector. Similarly you can shrink a 4:3 shaped movie to take up the center portion of the 16:9 screen shape.

In addition the program can be used to save a variety of custom settings. The settings that I use handle:
  • 1.66:1 movies that take the full height of the screen, but have small bars on the sides
  • 1.37:1 full-screen material positioned to the left or to the right within the 16:9 anamorphic window, to avoid burning in the image
  • 2.35:1 movies positioned at the top or bottom of the screen, to avoid burning in the image
  • Slightly expand the window of some underscanned movies
  • Reposition the window of some non-anamorphic letterboxed movies which have their subtitles beneath the image
  • Crop full-frame unmatted movies back to their correct aspect ratio. Instead of just taking a "slice out of the middle" I can take the top portion of the image for those movies that are shot with the common-top-line method, where most of the unmatting is done at the bottom.

Other program features include:
  • Resize the application window larger than the actual screen without requiring a virtual window program such as WinSpace.
  • Automatic blanking calculation (to hide the DVD player caption and borders) with custom overrides
  • Orbiting (move the window around on the screen in small increments to avoid screen burn-in)
  • Button repeat function for easy interactive screen positioning. Just hold the Moving and Sizing buttons down, and after a short delay, the action will repeat until the button is released.
  • Proportionally move the window up, down, left, and right; proportionally shrink or expand the window height and width, separately, or together
  • Command line startup options to select a particular setting
  • Global hotkey support for selecting settings. Works even when the YXY window is hidden or in the background.
  • Playlist feature lets you associate particular DVD's or other titles with a specific setting
  • When a DVD is inserted that is on the PlayList, automatically switch to the correct aspect ratio
  • When an unknown DVD is inserted, automatically add it to the
  • PlayList using default settings
  • Ability to disable the PC Friendly DVD-ROM program from launching when loading a DVD.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alex:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.