AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a LG LM6200, on my PS3 i set RGB to limited (16-235) also on the TV the black levels are set to low, but I can still see 0-255.. what does this mean? 0-16 it's supposed to look black right? so I turned down the brightness on the TV ...am I clipping black? is this ok? also watch movies on my PS3 so I'm not sure if change it to RGB to full.. or does this option only affect games? Thanks in avanced......

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just so we're all on the same page, what setup disc or test pattern are you using for your testing? AVS HD 709? Beyond that, I think you're on the right track. PS3 RGB limited and LG's black level low is the matching combination, so you're good there. Beyond that, set brightness so that 0-16 are a pure "jet black". What's your brightness at currently and have you played around with grayscale/white point settings?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4721  /t/1494402/question-ps3-rgb-limited#post_23831592

Just so we're all on the same page, what setup disc or test pattern are you using for your testing? AVS HD 709? Beyond that, I think you're on the right track. PS3 RGB limited and LG's black level low is the matching combination, so you're good there. Beyond that, set brightness so that 0-16 are a pure "jet black". What's your brightness at currently and have you played around with grayscale/white point settings?
I am using the AVS HD , for movies it's ok I have it on 51 (brightness)... but for games 51 is too high i can see below 16, so I used the EA calibration in Fifa 14 and got 41 brightness..and no it's all default...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4721  /t/1494402/question-ps3-rgb-limited#post_23833803

Is your HDMI running through an AVR (Audio Video Receiver) or anything else?
nop, just to the TV...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts