AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an original Audigy EX, and have tried hooking it into my home theater via the coaxial out. However, I cannot seem to get any of the EAX effects to come out from my home theater (I use a Lexicon MC-12). I seem to recall something about this being normal for SB cards; i.e., that you loose the EAX effects when you connect to an external preamp/pro, but i wanted to check here, and see if anyone has any solutions (including whether the next gen Audigy solves this problem).

Thanks much.

Morrowind Rules!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I feel your pain!.. Only way you can get 5.1 EAX Effects to your reciever is to use analog connections from your Audigy reciever. I don't have a link off hand that tells you exactly how to do this, but i'm sure someone can chime in with a link to that info.

Edit: Removed broken links

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Your Knowledge Server session has expired and may no longer be accessed. You may either search the Creative Knowledge Base again, contact support by e-mail , or return to the Customer Support Menu
just so you know the digital output is just 3 PCM lines (6ch) so find a reciver that can handel a digital 6ch input and vola.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by psycho
just so you know the digital output is just 3 PCM lines (6ch) so find a reciver that can handel a digital 6ch input and vola.
Ahhh Ok... so what recievers can handle this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.