AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM prepping my samsung led tv to become my gaming monitor for my pc. Was reading yahoo answers and was curious if you guys agreed with this way if connecting the pc to tv.
Quote:
However, I would suggest getting an HDMI-to-DVI Dual-Link cable (given that the DVI terminal in the device can support it; most should nowadays) because of its higher bandwidth. The highest resolution for Single-Link DVI is 1920×1200 (the 16:10 equivalent of 1080p) so it could work, but using dual-link DVI (whose highest resolution is 2560×1600) would greatly reduce the chance of interference, picture flicker, quality loss, etc. (The bigger the funnel, the greater the flow.)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Adding unnecessary bandwidth on a digital connection is not going to do anything to improve your picture. You are already getting a pixel perfect 1:1 image. How can you get better?

Just use a single hdmi or hdmi to dvi cable for 1080p and your set.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sure and you should only choose Monster Cable brand as well!

Let's get real. Don't waste your time. Does some brand actually market this 'HDMI to DVI dual link' cable?!?!?!? YEESH.

(Krimson's reply was much kinder than mine
)

-Trouble

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The "dual link" cable has extra pins and conductors that will go unused in your single-link/hdmi configuration.

That's like saying that you'll get more water flow in your shower by gluing a second shower head to the wall.

Here is the lesson for the day: never, ever, ever listen to anything anyone on Yahoo Answers ever says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.