AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick one up today, and it's going to be paired with some tl150 speakers and a Yamaha rx-v471 receiver. I'm just wondering what I should have my receiver set to as far as frequency response for this thing. I tried messing around with the YPAO with my older sub, and I didn't really like the results it gave me as they seemed to be all over the place, so I just manually tweak my settings. The psw111 has a frequency response of up to 250hz apparently, so should I set it up as such in my receiver, or is less better? Any help/suggestions for this noob is appreciated.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If YPAO isn't giving you the results you want, try searching for a How to YPAO guide. If you're not having luck, you can set your mains to small, cross the sub over at ~80hz. You don't really want to be playing frequencies above 120hz on your sub, as that is in the midrange. It will make dialogue sound hollow and boomish, also it will localize your sub in that frequency range. Meaning: you don't want to hear where the bass is coming from, you just want it to fill the room as evenly as possible.

The trick is to integrate it with your other speakers, so frequencies aren't overlapping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts