AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently using HDMI cable for my Directv satellite feed, however its not a major brand name (ordered from pacific custom cable)

on occasion, mainly on NBC, i notice some interference when they move animation across their screens...for example on nbc sunday night football when they swirl the logos around the screen they seem to "digitize"

i dont notice it on every channel, but b4 i went and swapped out my HDMI to a monster cable, i wanted to see if that was possibly it, or if it was just the broadcast...

kind of new to this game, but is there that huge a difference between using monster and not using them?

tv is the Bravia 40xbr1

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It's just the broadcast. Satellite TV (and most other broadcast) signals are compressed to save bandwidth. Whenever the video changes quickly, e.g., lots of movement, flashing light, etc.,you will likely see pixelation or breakup. Don't waste your money on a new cable; it will not help.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's right- what you're seeing has nothing to do with the HDMI transmisison, but those are compression artifacts from the broadcast. Since HDMI is digital, you will tend to get a signal that will be fairly consistent (it uncommonly has random glitches, but rather is either good or bad all the time). In the uncommon times there are glitches, that is likely due to the HDMI chips that may be changing their electrical behavior due to temperature changes (something a good electronics product should not do).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.